Stair creation has always been an inevitable process in interior design and architectural visualization, and it's also a process that can be complex and time-consuming. Therefore, we'd like to introduce our Stair Generator that developed based on 3ds Max. This tool is designed to streamline the process of creating stairs of any type, from basic residential stairs to complex commercial designs.
How to use the stair generator? The stair generator will take you 4 steps only to create a model- and-material-all-included-stair:
1. Import or draw the basic shape of the staircase (top view, type as spline);
2. Select the spline and click Set Steps to set it as the target object of the stair generator;
3. Click Pick First and select the first step as the starting point of the staircase. The generator will identify and generate the route of the staircase based on this;
4. Set other parameters as needed and click the Generate button;
The Stair Generator provides users with three step types: open, closed and floor-standing (box), as well as four handrails style: glass, simple rob, Roman columns and iron. By adjusting different parameters, users can generate countless stair styles.
In addition, you may also customize your stairs by changing parameters like the total height of the stairs, the height/thickness of the steps, the density of the railings and other parameters as needed.
In addition, a very common problem for designers who import drawings directly from CAD is that there may be gaps between the imported splines, which may cause the generator to fail to recognize and fail to generate.
For this kind of situation, users can increase the Thrs. (threshold) to avoid generation failure:
1. Use the measurement tool of the Display module to measure the maximum gap length;
2. Set the threshold to a size greater than the maximum gap length;
3. The generator will automatically ignore gaps below the threshold to avoid generating errors;
CG Magic provides comprehensive documentation, tutorials, and community support to help you get the most out of the toolset. Whether you're new to the world of CG or a seasoned veteran, there's always something new to learn and explore in CG Magic.
CG Magic provides users with two versions. You can enjoy the education version for free, which includes 120+ basic functions; or pay to subscribe to the professional version, which includes 180+ complete functions. The Stair Generator introduced above is available in professional version only.
The original price of CG Magic Professional Edition is $19.9/month and $199/year. A limited-time discount is provided during the product launch period, which is $10/month and $99/year. For more price details, please visit the product price page: xrender.cloud/cgPricing
System and software requirements:
System Requirements: Windows 10 64bit ~ Windows 11 64bit
Support Software: 3ds Max 2012 ~ 2024 (Design version included)
Support Renderer: V-Ray 2 ~ 6.1
Support Renderer: Corona 1.6 ~ 10
If you are looking for a tool to speed up your 3ds Max creation progress as well as creation experience, feel free to download the plug-in and give a try with CG Magic!
XRender | Fast · Affordable · Reliable